Thursday, May 15, 2008

Parenting Is a Stretch


Hey Parents,
Hope you don't think I've got all the answers to your parenting struggles cause I don't! Back before I had kids of my own I used to tell parents how they should be doing it. Not any more! So I suspect that like me you have concluded that parenting just might be the hardest job you will ever have. If you don't feel that way its because your kids are too young to have pushed you over the edge yet!

Anyway, rather than come across as some infallible know-it-all, I hope we can focus on some practical ideas with a Biblical foundation so all of us can get a little better at this before our kids turn into Bart or Cartman. And maybe we can take a serious look at the subject while making it a little more fun.

With summer rapidly approaching you must be thinking about what to do with the kids when school gets out. It won't be long before you hear the inevitable complaint, "I'm bored!" So what are your plans, if you have any? Summer camps are usually good but that only covers one or two weeks. Talk back and maybe we can share a few ideas and learn from each other. It's not an issue for me cause my kids are all grown but if I get any helpful suggestions I'll be happy to pass them on (for a small fee). Just kidding.

CATB will be hosting Summer Bible Clubs in July and you can be a host or just join a group as one way of plugging your kids into something constructive. Those will target neighborhood elementary kids and give them a taste of our weekend programming along with some messy games. Watch for more info on that soon. If you'd like to host one in your home, let me know.