Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kids Love It Here!


Nothing makes my day more than hearing about a kid whose life is being changed by CATB's children's ministry. This weekend we will see that clearly in the kids who are being baptized. Every volunteer, from the nursery to the elementary groups, gets credit for creating an environment where kids can find God and take their first steps with Him.


This past Sunday a Dad told me that, on their way home the week before, his daughter said to him, "Daddy, I love this church so much. I don't ever want to leave it." WOW! Unlike the NFL, we don't penalize for celebrations or taunting so I'm thinking of some hyper ways to vent my excitement when I hear stuff like that. Makes me want to stand over the crumpled body of the enemy and yell, "That's one more you won't get on your team, Loser!", followed by a fist bump to heaven for another victory.
Don't ever give up on reaching out to kids. You are changing eternity for them and that's one investment that will never fail.