Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Day She Met Her Prince

It was a magical day for my granddaughter Kristen. A huge fan of the Chronicles of Narnia movie, she visited the Narnia exhibit at Disney's Hollywood Studios last week and as only Disney can do, she was transported into that enchanted land. She stepped into the forest and there, to her utter amazement, waiting to greet her was Prince Caspian himself. It was a little girl's dream come true.

I can only imagine the emotion she felt as he knelt before her and took her hand and talked to her. Everything she had loved about the story was coming true right before her very eyes. It was a dream come to life.The picture says it all.

I got to thinking about what it will be like when I step through the portal of time into heaven. Suddenly the world behind me will be replaced by a magical kingdom I have read about all my life. And there waiting to greet me will be Jesus. Only I'll be the one kneeling before Him. I bet I'll be as captivated by Him as Kristen was of her Prince. Maybe more.

I love children's ministry because I get to create those kind of opportunities for kids who will someday get to meet the Prince of Peace face to face. And I bet that Jesus will take them by the hand and guide them through the wonders of the kingdom He has created just for them. Only this time it will be forever.